Students:Globalisation and Sustainable Development 2013/2014
What is Globalization?
To get insight into the globalization process and its consequences, use the following resources. Concentrate on your topic of greatest interest (e.g. the environment) and try to develop your own research question that will guide your readings (e.g. is globalization in principle pro- or anti-environmental, and what are the driving forces of environmental degradation?):
- Educational materials from the Levin Institute.
- To get a more in-depth view of the problem, use the Globalization website . This is a slightly outdated resource but which provides a very useful glossary, a brief overview of globalisation debates, and insight into the most important theories.
Please remember that a diversity of resources will contribute to the critical perspective you will develop! So we encourage you to find some more useful links and share them with us.
- Levin Institute, Globalization101.org page [online] [cit 2010-11-12] available from http://www.globalization101.org/what-is-globalization/ (American perspective)
- Lechner, F. et al. (2001) The Globalization website. [online] [cit 2010-11-12] available from [http://www.sociology.emory.edu/globalization/. An excellent resource for hyperlinks to issues, theories and especially news from various sources.
- Introduction: Globalization on Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Scheuerman, William, "Globalization", The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (Summer 2010 Edition), Edward N. Zalta (ed.), [online] [cit 2010-11-12] available from http://plato.stanford.edu/archives/sum2010/entries/globalization/
- Globalization in brief: Global Transformations web - Held, D., McGrew, A., Goldblatt, D., Perraton, J. (1999) What is Globalization? [online] [cit 2010-11-12] available from http://www.polity.co.uk/global/whatisglobalization.asp. Basic outline of globalization principles and effects, although rather outdated.
|Author: Jana Dlouhá, Jiří Dlouhý, Andrew Barton. This article was published under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License. How to cite the article: Jana Dlouhá, Jiří Dlouhý, Andrew Barton. (1. 10. 2022). Students:Globalisation and Sustainable Development 2013/2014. VCSEWiki. Retrieved 04:52 1. 10. 2022) from: <https://vcsewiki.czp.cuni.cz/w/index.php?title=Students:Globalisation_and_Sustainable_Development_2013/2014&oldid=5290>.|